30 April 2013

The Muse: Synchronicity

 I am not someone who gets caught up with matching when it comes to fashion. If I like two things together, and they happen to match, great. I wouldn't not wear an outfit because it didn't match however. I think fabrics, shapes, textures, and a lot of other things trump matching. Even I must confess that when two things match as well as this skirt and top do there is a certain amount of synchronicity at work. Even more so when you think about the fact that the blouse is contemporary (circa 2012) while the skirt is from the late 70's/early 80's, a thirty plus year time difference but still it works. Don't you just love that?
Blouse: Banana Republic
Skirt: vintage, Harrington of Boston, thrifted via Abby's House
Brooch: J. Marcel
Bracelets: gifts
Purse: Bueno, gift
Shoes: Nine West





No comments:

Post a Comment