16 April 2013

The Muse: Genevieve


Looking at her hair you can really see how striking this would be with purple, I actually don't know Genevieve that well, I just work with her. Hopefully its no too weird she was my muse!

The other day I went to speak with my coworker Genevieve about something and she had this royal purple sweater on with a purple patterned skirt. It stopped me in my tracks because the contrast between her red hair and the rich royal purple was just so strinking. I complemented her on the outfit and she thanked me, but for me the fashion moment just wasn't over. I don't have real red hair, I have auburn hair that comes out of a bottle. Its odd, many times in my life I've had people hesitate when asked about my hair color. I was born blonde, very blonde. When I was little I looked like Shirley Temple. Then my hair turned really dull stick brown as I got older. In high school I started putting in blonde hilights (because really in high school who didn't, I feel like it might have been nessecary to get a diploma where I went to school. Then I decided I wanted brown hair again, really dark brown, though I got tired of that pretty quick. For the past several years I've been mixing red in, but lets be honest I'm still not a real read head. Dyed red hair just doesn't have the richness that the real thing has. I included a picture of Genevieve so you can see how striking that color purple would be on a true red head. Regardless, at the end of the day I stopped by Twice the Diva, one of the local consignment shops and while I was waiting to talk to the owner I saw this skirt, and being in the purple haze that I was, I had to have it. Red hair or not.

Sweater: B'leev via T.J. Maxx
Blouse: Worhtington via J.C. Penny
Skirt: via Twice the Diva
Bracelet: vintage, via Vintage Haven
Shoes: Nine West
Purse; vintage, no label, via Abby's House
Coat: Kardashian Collection, gift









No comments:

Post a Comment