29 June 2012

The Muse: Ring of Fire

Marion's Trend of the Month Link-up argues that a colorful blazer worn over a neutral bottom makes the color even more prominent. Now I'm not a huge fan of blazers, mainly because I'm big chested. Its difficult to find a flattering blazer that fits in the chest and isn't huge in the hips. In fact the majority of blazers I like and wear often are actually men's blazers, naturally cut wider across the chest. This is one exception, I'm not sure it even necessarily qualifies as a blazer given its length, but for years I had longed for a velvet blazer and was very please when I found this on the 75% off rack at Krazy Daisy, it had never been worn, tags still on, and retailed for $150, I got it for $14.99. Other than the fact that it was still hovering near 80 when I took these pictures, I only fell into a figurative ring of fire in this jacket.

Blazer: Coldwater Creek thrifted via Krazy Daisy
Dress: I Heart Ronson via J.C. Penny
Necklace: Goodwill
Shoes: Monsoon (United Kingdom)









No comments:

Post a Comment