24 June 2012

The Muse: Pretty in Pink

Its a great dress for twirling
 Pink is a difficult color for me personally, I wear it in moderation, and am usually underwhelmed. Today however I was more than pleasantly surprised with the results, so much so I added the pink necklace on just to boost the pink to brown ratio. My mother is a pink girl, take one look at her bedroom and closet and that immediately becomes evident, me not so much. Taking my inspiration today from the Brat Pack film, ironically my least favorite of the three major Molly Ringwald films, I maintain that I like Annie Potts original 1950's style dress much better than the creepy praying mantis type ensemble Molly Ringwald's wearing... but alas the film was made before I was born so they didn't have the benefit of me as a fashion consultant. Also I think you have to acknowledge that the concept of  reinventing vintage and thrift store clothing was way ahead    of its time and can in no
 way be discredited.

Dress: Jessica Howard, swapped
Sweater: Express (ancient)
Brooch: via J. Marcel
Necklace: vintage, thrifted via Goodwill
Shoes: Steve Madden, thrifted via Goodwill
Purse: ??? (no tag) via DSW











No comments:

Post a Comment