25 July 2013

The Muse: Featherlight


 Linking up with Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month Linkup featuring, you guessed it, hats. I'm a hat person, always have been. Here are a few hats I've worn on the blog: 1, 2, 3, 4. This hat was one I bought to wear to my step-brother Tom's wedding in 2007. He and his wife rented a house on Martha's Vineyard for the week and the wedding was outside on the house's private beach. The occasion obviously called for a fantastic hat. I included a photo of how I wore the hat for the wedding at the bottom of this entry ( I wore it with an Odile dress from Anthropologie and vintage sea shell earrings). There's just something about a hat that makes you stand up straight and walk more like a lady. This outfit has a similar color palate to the original outfit with cream and peach tones, but I think its also light an airy like the dress and feather accessories.  I've had this scarf, brooch, and shoes all put together for months wanting to wear them, but the hat helped tie them together into an outfit.

Dress: Pins and Needles via Urban Outfitters
Scarf: vintage, Laura Ashley thrifted via Wheeler School Clothing Sale
Brooch: J. Marcel
Purse: gift
Bracelet: Poundland (UK)
Shoes: Fioni via Payless
Hat: T. J. Maxx






No comments:

Post a Comment