01 July 2013

The Muse: Petals


 Even though they're not supposed to look like petals, the ruffles on this blouse sort of do, especially when you pair it up with a floral print skirt. As a big chested girl I stayed away from ruffled blouses for a long time, thinking that I certainly didn't need to be adding any volume to that area. Over time I've learned to pick and choose, because material and styling can change even the most voluminous blouse.  I had to roll this skirt a bit because it was too dowdy at its full length, shortened with some of its volume toned down it worked better with this blouse, but I still didn't love it. However I had a last minute wardrobe subtraction to deal with and needed an outfit in a hurry. I leant my black belt to my friend Alyssa to wear to a wedding, and the outfit I had planned just didn't work without the belt. This substitution wasn't bad in a pinch, though in the future I think that this blouse needs a narrower skirt on the bottom. That and I really don't like the buttons, as soon as I find a set I like they'll be history, I prefer not to have large apple shaped gold buttons dictating the metallics I can wear and stealing the show.

Blouse: Apple Bottom Jeans, thrifted via Goodwill
Skirt: Jessica London thrifted via Twice the Diva
Purse: Lulu via Marshall's
Shoes: Merona, thrifted via Twice the Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment