13 May 2013

The Muse: Flower Child



 Its not just me right? WIth the love and flowers and peace signs, this dress does have a whole lot of hippie vibe going on doesn't it? I won't lie, hippie is so far from what I normally consider my style, but I couldn't resist this dress when I found it on a trip to Into the Wardrobe (now the owner there definitely does fit the hippie vibe, she's a real character!) I was shocked to look up the retail price on it, LeTarte is famous for making a lot of the swim suits in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. These cover-up style dresses retail any where from $300- $400, which makes it a bargain at $25 what I paid for it. Its fun but I wouldn't want to make it a lifestyle choice, I'm more Reaganomics than counter-culture. We have a really old school history teacher at our school, and when the kids asked him if he participated in protests in the 1960's he replied, "No, the police wouldn't let me have a billy club." You have to know Ed to appreciate it, and after 42 years he can say pretty much anything! Me my major problem is that this is a bit of a one trick pony, there really aren't that many styling options, and I like to remix in as many different, creative ways as possible. We'll see maybe all that peace and love will move me. It was a fun dress for a Mother's Day dinner though by the time I took these pictures the sun was starting to go down and it was really chilly in bare legs, it may be May but its still going down to the 30's and 40's at night here in New England. Hope everyone had a wonderful day and got to spend some time appreciating their mothers and grandmothers!
 Dress: LeTarte via Into the Wardrobe
Tank (underneath dress): Old Navy (really old)
Headband: Chic2CHic
Purse: vintage, Stylecraft, thrifted via Christ Church Thrift Store
Shoes: Rampage via Marshalls



Happy Mother's Day, to Karen, a wonderful mother and devoted caregiver, I am very lucky to have you in my life Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment