03 August 2012

The Muse: Wild Beasts






 So the family has been in town (and will continue to be for the next three weeks) which has made life a little hectic. I've been down in South Kingstown all week visiting, which is fun but as a person who runs well on routine it can drive me a little nuts, vacation mentality just doesn't agree with me. Unfortunately it also meant that I couldn't appropriately pattern mix on Wednesday for Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month. The only pattern mixed outfit I had brought I wore the day before. Do you see what I mean how vacation makes my brain melt? So today, despite crippling heat that made me want to crawl inside my air conditioner and never come out, I put on long sleeved polyester and faced the beast. Also speaking of beasts I almost didn't take picture because I started choking on my own spit when I saw that there was a coyote on the lawn of the North Attleboro Elks Club. Funny story, because it turns out it was a plastic dummy, a Scarecoyote if you will. I included pictures, and believe me even though you can clearly see in the photo it is stuck on a black plastic stick, from a distance it looks very real, and when the tail blows in the wind it looks like he is coming to get you. Obviously I survived both animal attack and heat stroke to report back to you. That being said this may be my new uniform for hunting wild beasts, whether real, imagined, plastic, or meteorological.

Dress (worn as a blouse): vintage, Shelton Stroller, thrifted  via Wheeler School Annual Clothing Sale
Skirt: AK Ann Klein, thrifted via Into the Wardrobe
Belt (off another dress): corey p. via J.C. Penny
Shoes: Fioni via Payless
Purse: Selfridges( United Kingdom)
Sunglasses: J. Marcel






No comments:

Post a Comment