23 March 2013

MSLA Conference Day 2



 After feeling conspicuously well dressed during the first day of my school library association conference I tried to go for a more librarian-esque look, however I fee like I might be dressing more for a librarian stereotype. Oh well, to be honest I'm not sure I really own anything in my wardrobe that would look anything like what real librarians seem to where today. As you can see my ensemble went great with the neon orange stickers we had to wear that announced what books we were currently reading. I think I might just be a rebel at heart and really don't like to follow orders or do what everyone else is doing because I got yelled at for not wearing my conference badge too. I compromised by clipping it to my purse string. Anarchy!
Dress: vintage, Samantha Stevens Petites, thrifted via Salvation Army Family Store
Blazer: vintage, Jospehine Chaus, thrifted via The Bargain Box
Belt: vintage, my grandmother's
Purse: vintage, no label, via RI Antiques Mall
Shoes: Carlos by Carlos Santana, thrifted via Salvation Army Family Store




The best part of the whole conference experience however was that I drove through Worcester on my way home where my good friend Jen (who I've talked about many times on the blog) is hard at work on her PA degree at the Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Taking advantage of Restaurant week we had a fantastic three course meal at VIA for only $23.13, and both took home enough food for two more meals. We're both busy girls, but it was a wonderful way to get away and spend a night just talking and relaxing for a change.






No comments:

Post a Comment