25 July 2012

The Muse: Goodwill Garden Party


 So on a fine balmy summer afternoon you might fancy attending a garden party, or at least dressing like you will be sipping lemonade (or something stronger) and nibbling in cucumber sandwiches on the lawn. But where to go fir such an ensemble? Apparently the Goodwill store has everything you'll need for a summer soiree with Mrs Vanderbilt down at her "cottage" in Newport, because that's where I got almost all of my garden part duds. I confess I've been on a bit of a buying rampage, and after suffering through two and a half hours in the sweaty waiting room while getting my oil changed I treated myself by going next door to Goodwill. I usually have some luck there be it was a particularly good day, including this sweater ($4.99), skirt (50% off it was just $2.50), and these shoes($3.99) for a total of $11.48, add in the tank which is several years old from old Navy at $5 and the whole outfit comes in at $16.48. The sweater alone, HWR is a knitwear line carried by Anthropologie could be four or five times that new, as could the shoes. Bet Mrs. Vanderbilt was never that savy. In other news the morning at 5:45 I became an aunt again, Ethan Thomas weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20 inches long. I went to see him after these pictures were taken and just got the impression that he had far more dark curly hair than any newborn baby has business posessing.

Sweater: HWR, thrifted via Goodwill South Attleboro
Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: New York and Co. thrifted via Goodwill SA
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted via Goodwill SA
Headband: Forever 21
Purse: swapped via Wedding Season Swap and ShopEnamel bracelet: gift
Gold bracelet and painted porcelain bracelets: my mother's
Antique watch fob chain bracelet: via formerWrentham Antiques Mart









No comments:

Post a Comment