07 September 2012

The Muse: Peyton Place













 I won't lie this outfit was not a well planned one, the outfit I put on this morning however was. You'll notice that that outfit also didn't get photographed due to some unfortunate circumstances that required it be completely washed. Given that this whole incident occurred within an hour of me having to be at the consignment shop to drop off clothing only expedited the throwing together of an outfit that a.) is very matchy-matchy for me b.) has no accessories other than sunglasses which happened to be in my car c.) no purse because the strap broke and had to be left in the car and d.) a massive bun because my hair was mucho greasy and I had no time to wash it. Its th outfit equivalent of the town of Peyton Place, neat orderly, and matching, but hiding all sorts of nasty (at least in terms of aesthetics and 1950's era morals) secrets. And even though logically I know the 1956 film was shot in Camden, Maine this church looks suspiciously like the one Allison Mackenzie and Serena Cross went to. Though I suspect it has far less incest, secret backroom abortions, pill popping, and inappropriate shenanigans of all varieties going on, orat least it seemed to while I was there taking pictures. Either way I love the movie in all its archaic glory, and no doubt it will be a more specific muse again, the outfit I'm kind of digging too.

P.S. Bonehead moment occurred yesterday when I thought my camera wasn't working, turns out the battery compartment fell open and both new batteries had fallen out, so no outfit photos and much embarrassment.

Dress: Banana Republic
Shoes: Kelsi Dagger via T.J. Maxx
Sunglasses: Dollar Tree




No comments:

Post a Comment