19 November 2013

The Muse: Forever Plaid



Walking in Memphis in High Heels Trend of the Week is sweaters, however Savannah is not exactly mecca for cold weather gear, so it was a cardigan or nothing at all. Luckily this is one of my favorite cardigans, don't let the faux velvet fool you, its actually very light weight so you can wear it year round.  I'm leaving to go home for six weeks on Friday so I'll have plenty of sweaters, coats, and wool in my near future. I confess its been more of a challenge dressing for very hot weather than I expected. I guess in New England I just never got enough practice! Other unexpected fashion challenges... fire ants. I was swarmed while taking these photos in Colonial Park Cemetery in the Historic District. Luckily I felt the first sting so I escaped with only a few. I ran like hell as soon as they started to burn. Its painful, but more irritating than anything else because they bit where the top of the shoe meet my foot and it rubs. However, now I know what to looks for, I have no intention of a repeat performance!




Dress: vintage, Swirl, via Wright Square Antique Mall
Sweater: INC, International Concepts, thrifted via Wheeler School Clothing Sale
Purse: Nine West, thrifted via Second Time Around
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted via Krazy Daisy


No comments:

Post a Comment