26 November 2012

The Muse: The Silk Road



I confess, these were not the shoes I wore all day to work. However they were the perfect shoes for the Bourbon Tasting Party at Yankee Spirits (I'm a lush, I know). For a $5 donation to the kids at St. Jude's (and who doesn't want to help the kids?) there are 25 + bourbons ready and waiting to be tasted. I confess, this event wasn't as good as the Single Malt Scotch Tasting Yankee held in June, there were a lot more amateur, poor quality liquors at this one and the servers were far less well informed about their wares. That being said its still not a bad way to spend a Thursday night. En route just as the sun was setting I swung into this farm stand in Rehoboth that was closed for the season. Sometimes you just have to grab photo opportunities where you can, even if they aren't all that glamorous.
 On the up side I think its great that sometimes an outfit that looks like its from the Far East and has travelled great distances via sherpa can still translate to a farmstand in rural New England.


Dress: Burlapp via Anthropologie
Jacket: vintage, thrifted via Wheeler School Clothing Sale
Shoes: Carlos by Carlos Santana thrifted via Salvation Army Clothing Sale
Hair Clip: Damascene work shop, Toledo, Spain






No comments:

Post a Comment