18 November 2012

The Muse: Gosford Park




Gosford Park is a magnificent piece of movie making. One of the gems of the late Robert Altman's alter years that combines an astonishing cast, my very favorite British murder mystery, and a sumptuous setting to equal perfection. It is also a preview of how Maggie Smith got the be the Dowager Countess she is today on Downton Abbey, it started with Gosford Park. I secretly long to say things like," I want to get up and get straight into the tweeds!" or "We always dress very plainly for a shooting lunch."  I also saw our school's production of Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap on Friday which may have increased my desire for days gone by. Either way, I have my tweeds and my woolens, I'm ready for a weekend in the country, and to dress the part.

  
Blouse: Violet and Claire via Marshall's
Skirt: thrifted via Goodwill
Cape: The Limited thrifted via Goodwill
Shoes: Predictions thrifted via Salvation Army Family Store
Headband: Forever 21
Bracelet: vintage, fob chain
Ring: vintage, my grandfather's 1949 class ring
Sunglasses: J. Marcel






No comments:

Post a Comment