01 May 2013

The Muse: The Lusty Month of May


 Is May a particularly lusty month? I've never really thought about it. Sir Thomas Malory certainly though so when he wrote about May in Le Mort d'Arthur. In deed going outside today it was easy to believe that May is an exuberant, over expressive, and amorous month. None of the timid warmth of April, or tentative early blooms. The colors are technicolor all of a sudden, blue sky, green grass, trees full of blooms. Then again maybe its just a fun, bawdy, song that Julie Andrews sings in Camelot. Sadly my belt is no longer lusty or full of new life. Its coming apart, and as far as I can see there is no cure for it. It did make for some entertaining photos however as I struggled to keep it on while I moved around. On such a spring day I confess I felt like a drab little bird in my beige and brown, but as the day climbed in temperature I was glad to have short sleeves, hitting seventy in New England is quite the heat wave! Regardless of that I'm linking up for the first time today with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.
 Dress: vintage, no label (possibly handmade?), via Rhode Island Antiques Mall
Belt: off another dress, J.C.Penny
Boots: Nine West
Purse: vintage,no label, via Rhode Island Antiques Mall
Earrings: vintage, thrifted via Abby's House
Bracelet: vintage, my great-grandmother's
Sunglasses: J. Marcel










The month of May was come, when every lusty heart beginneth to blossom, and to bring forth fruit; for like as herbs and trees bring forth fruit and flourish in May, in likewise every lusty heart that is in any manner a lover, springeth and flourisheth in lusty deeds. For it giveth unto all lovers courage, that lusty month of May.


pleated poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment